Youth In Action (Feb. 23-25) is entering its ninth year of service. Like Diocesan Council, this event has become a time of reunion, renewal, and youth business. That business is joining us and reaching out to our community in love, as the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.
On-line Registration Is Closed.
Email Laura K. McGrew for registration availability after Feb. 16th.
- Youth registration for Youth in Action 2018 ($35)
- Sponsor registration for Youth in Action 2018 ($35)
- Each church must send 1 sponsor per 5 youth
- Payment is required at the time of registration
- The event is expected to fill quickly with room for 75 youth and 25 sponsors
- ALL FORMS must be submitted by Monday, February 12, 2018
An automatic email with your receipt will be sent from the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas after your registration is completed. To view your receipt: click the “View detailed receipt in your browser” link underneath “Amount Paid.” The parent completing the form will be listed in the Attendees block under “1First Name” etc. Look toward the bottom of your receipt and the youth information is listed. (In our records we know the youth will be attending, not the parent.)
Who should attend:
All students in 6th through 12th grade are invited to attend as well as adult youth workers and volunteers. NOTE: Each church will provide chaperons that are available the entire weekend (cannot be participating in Council) for their youth. Each chaperon must have completed the Safeguarding God’s Children course in the last five years and have his or her own vehicle to aid in transporting students. [Ratio, 5:1]
Location & Contacts:
The hosting congregation for YIA 2018 is St. John’s Episcopal Church in New Braunfels, and the headquarters for Youth in Action will be at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in San Marcos (3039 Ranch Road 12; San Marcos, TX 78666). Primary Contacts are Sue Hardaway from St. John’s (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Rev. Ripp Hardaway (email@example.com), OR Laura K McGrew, Camps & Conferences Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Required Forms to be submitted by February 12:
- YIA Liability Release Agreement – Youth only
- YIA Medical Release Form Youth and Sponsor
- (with back and front of insurance card)
- DWTX Volunteer Driver Form – Sponsor only
- Sponsors are expected to transport the youth from their church to Youth In Action and to the Mission Project on Saturday. Drivers must complete the DWTX Volunteer Driver Form and submit with copy of driver’s license and car insurance.
- All forms must be returned by February 12, 2018 by:
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: Diocesan Offices, attn: Laura K McGrew 210.824.2164
What to bring:
Projects for Youth In Action 2018 will be varied. We will assist several non-profit serving South Texas, including the Head Start program in San Marcos.
As projects are confirmed, they will be announced through this website. Follow the Email Subscription instruction on the left side of this page to receive automatic YIA and Council 2018 updates in your inbox or bookmark this page (council-dwtx.org/youth-in-action) for future reference.
- Friday – February 23, 2018
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm – Arrival and Check-in
- 8:00 pm – Welcome
- 8:15 pm – Worship
- 9:00 – 11:30 pm Fun, fun, fun
- 12:00 midnight – Lights Out
- Saturday – February 24, 2018
- 7:00 am – Rise and shine, eat your breakfast, pack lunches, and get going!
- 9:00 am – Morning Prayer Commissioning on the floor of Council; let’s show our delegates and clergy who we are and what we are about!
- 9:30 am – On to mission projects at various sites
- 4:00 pm – Return to Church
- 6:30 pm – Dinner
- Sunday – February 25, 2018
- 7:30 am – Get up, get ready, get packed
- 8:00 am – Attend Church
- Hit the Road
“This commandment that I’m commanding you today isn’t too much for you, it’s not out of your reach. It’s not on a high mountain—you don’t have to get mountaineers to climb the peak and bring it down to your level and explain it before you can live it. And it’s not across the ocean—you don’t have to send sailors out to get it, bring it back, and then explain it before you can live it. No. The word is right here and now—as near as the tongue in your mouth, as near as the heart in your chest. Just do it!”
Deuteronomy 30:11-14 (The Message)