In preparation for Diocesan Council, the Nominating Committee will develop a roster of nominees, called to serve the Church through the elected offices of the Diocese, as defined in the Constitution and Canons. The Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas are available at dwtx.org, or by contacting the diocesan offices, at 210/888-824-5387.
Nominations for 2020, closed Friday, November 1, 2019
Click here to open the 2020 Nominations Report, revised Jan. 31, 2020*, which includes the names, biographical information, and photographs of all individuals nominated for the offices listed below.
*After the Pre-Council Convocational Meetings, three corrections were added to the Nominations Booklet. Individual biographies and photographs for each revised nominee can be found in the original, printed Council Booklet, on the pages listed below. Please note these additions in your Council Booklet. Corrected Nominations Booklets will be printed by Dispatch of Business and placed on each table during Council.
- The Rev. Irv Cutter; Rector of St. Luke’s, San Antonio: TMI Episcopal Trustees and General Convention – Clergy, details on page 57
- The Rev. David G. Read; Rector of St. Helena’s, Boerne: Executive Board – Clergy and General Convention – Clergy, details on page 45
- Mr. Rodney Hart; St. Mark’s, Corpus Christi: Executive Board – Lay and General Convention – Lay, details on page 46
Offices to be Filled by Election by the Annual Diocesan Council
- Officers of the Diocese – Secretary, Treasurer, Chancellor, and others
- Standing Committee, members
- Executive Board, members
- Episcopal Church Corporation of West Texas, trustees
- Sewanee: the University of the South, trustees
- TMI Episcopal, trustees
- General Convention / Provincial Synod, Delegates and Alternate Delegates *Every three years, Diocesan Council will elect deputies and alternates to attend General Convention and the Synod meeting of the Province of the Southwest (Province VII).
Click here to read the Nominations Request Letter sent to clergy and wardens on September 6, 2019, which includes a list of the Offices to Be Filled by Election at Diocesan Council 2020 and the Biographical Form for submitting nominees. Once completed, nomination forms should be signed and submitted to Leigh Saunders, with a photograph of the nominee, via email (email@example.com) or fax (210-824-2164). Nominations forms are due by November 1, 2019.
Many of us remember how we began our lay or ordained leadership in the church. It all started with an invitation – an invitation to join in, to share our gifts, and to offer ourselves up in service. The Nominating Committee would like you to extend this invitation to those in your church who may benefit from this call and who may be a blessing to others. Please prayerfully consider yourself, as well as those among you, for nomination this year. Nominees must be sixteen years or older at the time of diocesan Council and communicants within the convocation from which they are being nominated.
All submitted names will be considered, but due to the changing needs of the diocese, not every name submitted will necessarily appear on the ballot. Candidates may be nominated from the floor of Council.
The Committee is grateful for your consideration and for your invitation to others to share their gifts. Your active participation in this process is vital to our efforts to engage leadership throughout our Diocese. May we all walk together in love as Christ loved us.
The Nominating Committee for the 2020 Council of the Diocese of West Texas, appointed by the Rt. Rev. David M. Reed:
The Rev. Canon Beverly Patterson
Carter Huber, Co-Chair
The Rev. Stephen Carson
The Rev. Bert Baetz
The Rev. John Inserra
The Rev. Dr. Mike Marsh
- Click here to read the Record of Elections from the 115th Annual Diocesan Council, in 2019.