Council 2019 will be held Thursday, February 21 – Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the McAllen Convention Center. Since our last visit to the Valley in 2016, four hotels have been constructed on the convention center property, and are within easy walking distance to the convention center. In addition, the diocese has contracted with four other nearby hotels for additional rooms. This year’s diocesan attendees will have a variety of choices as to location, pricing, and amenities.
To see all the details and contact information click here for the 2019 Hotels page.
It’s definitely time to finalize your hotel room needs for Diocesan Council, February 22-24, in San Marcos.
If you currently have rooms at the Embassy Suites Hotel & Conference Center – the site of Council – you need to call and correct the reservation to the name of the person who will be checking in. To do so:
- Call (512) 392-6450, select option #2 for reservations, then select “existing reservations” option #2 again, follow any additional prompts and wait for the specialist to answer. You will need the confirmation number and current reservation name (most likely the name of your church).
If you have extra rooms at the Embassy to return, please allow the diocesan office to re-assign those rooms. We have a current wait list for 24 rooms. Email the following information to Leigh Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Name on reservation
- Arrival and departure dates
- Number of rooms
- Bed types
Consider giving your unneeded rooms back, so others may enjoy the San Marcos hotel and Council site “combo.”
It’s happened already. All 254 rooms in our Council 2018 block have been reserved. If you do not have your hotel room reservations yet, check out the overflow hotels on the Hotel page. There are three additional locations north of the Embassy Suites:
- Candlewood Suites, 600 Wonder World Dr, 78666 (2 miles) for $119++
- Holiday Inn San Marcos, 105 Bintu Dr, 78666 (2.4 miles) for $149++
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Marcos, 106 N IH 35, 78666 (4 miles) for $119++
You can expect a few of these 254 rooms at the Embassy Suites to become available again as churches decrease their own reservation blocks in late January. We will try to send out any updates on openings. If you would like to be placed on a wait list for Embassy Suite rooms, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional hotels or lower rates may be available with your own online search, but remember those rooms are usually non-refundable.
Is open for business!
The 114th Diocesan Council will be held February 22 – 24, 2018 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos Hotel and Conference Center. For the first time three churches are coming together to serve as your hosts: Church of the Resurrection, Windcrest; St. Andrew’s, Seguin; and St. Margaret’s, San Antonio. The website is now being updated as new information becomes available. Of current interest are the following pages:
Hotels – We return to the Embassy Suites in San Marcos with a block of 250 rooms for the Thursday and Friday nights of Council. There are three additional hotels serving as overflow. Details for online and phone reservations are here.
Nominations – The 2018 Nominations Instruction Packet PDF Format was sent by e-mail to churchofficelist on August 11, 2017 and is available here. Nominations will be accepted through Nov 1, 2017.
Pre-Council Meetings – The seven annual Pre-Council convocational meetings have been set with dates, times and locations here. For those in the Eastern or Central convocations notice your new time!
Mark your calendars, reserve your hotel rooms, and send your recommendations for those in your church who are willing to help lead our diocese in 2018. For a look back at Council 2017, spend a few minutes at www.council-dwtx.org with the videos, audios, and pictures from last February.
If you have made your reservation to stay at the Omni Bayfront in Corpus Christi during Diocesan Council this week, you need to become a “Select Guest” to receive complimentary WiFi service during your stay.
To become a Select Guest, simply visit the hotel’s website, https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/corpus-christi. If using your personal computer, the sign-up link is located in the middle of the home screen. You will see “Join Select Guest today and get Complimentary WiFi.” Enter your email address and follow the prompts to register. Be sure to choose a password you will remember come Thursday!
If using your mobile device, choose “Select Guest” from the drop-down menu located in the top left corner of the screen.
You can add your upcoming registration if you have your room confirmation number handy. If not, just plan to log in to the WiFi service with your email address and password upon your arrival.
See you on Thursday.
Serving as headquarters hotel for the Clergy Spouse Breakfast and the Friday Bishop’s Luncheon, the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel currently has 40 rooms available from our original 400 room block. If your church has not made reservations please do so now by following the instructions on the Hotel Page.
Anticipating the need for additional rooms, the diocese is contracting with the Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina hotel (one block from the Omni) for a room rate of $119++ and free parking. Visit the Hotel Page and scroll below the Omni information for full details on the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina.
If you have trouble using the national toll-free reservation numbers call each hotel directly.
Diocesan Council 2017 will be held February 23 – 25, 2017 at the AmericanBank CENTER in Corpus Christi, and hosted by Church of the Good Shepherd. The website, http://www.Council-dwtx.org, is now being updated as new information becomes available. Of current interest are the following pages:
- Hotel – “Episcopal Diocesan Council Meeting” has a block of 400 rooms for the Thursday and Friday nights of Council at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel. Please accurately anticipate your needs and make your reservations as early as possible. Details for online or phone reservations are here.
- Nominations – The 2017 Nominations Instruction Packet PDF format has been sent by e-mail to churchofficelist on August 23, 2016 and is available here. Nominations will be accepted through Nov. 1, 2016.
- Bishop Suffragan Election – Information and timeline for the Bishop Suffragan Election to be held on the Saturday of Council is available here.
- Discernment Forums (PreCouncil) – The Discernment Process for a new Bishop Suffragan includes three Forums that will replace the seven annual convocational Pre-council meetings for 2017. Dates, times and locations here. Please add this important event to your church calendar.