This year Thursday luncheons are available at an additional fee with reservations made during the online registration at https://council-dwtx.org/sign-up/registration/. Locations as noted below.
Also find information on the Friday Bishop’s Luncheon and the NEW Saturday Box-Lunch-To-Go.
- “What do we do now?”
- In some congregations it’s a monthly luncheon meeting with a speaker, in others it’s setting up for weddings and funerals, in still others it’s supporting the ministries of group members. There are many models of women’s ministries these days, and all models are valid – but not for every congregation. As the roles of women have changed in recent decades, so has the shape of the local Episcopal Church Women (ECW) with many asking “what do we do now?” Come join other women in a facilitated conversation about the many ways in which women’s ministries can serve God, the church, and each other.
- Priests, staff, and volunteers of Adult, Children, Youth and Family Ministries are invited to participate and mingle with fellow church workers.
- Come listen, learn, and share over lunch with passionate Christian Educators in your diocesan family. You will walk away with a new vision and energy surrounding the importance of Christian Formation for all ages. We will discuss Cynthia Coe’s new book, Christian Nurture in the 21st Century. This lunch gathering will be informative and worth attending with experienced diocesan Christian Education directors sharing experiences and curriculum for all ages.
- Contact Sarah Kates at email@example.com , Christian Education Committee Chair.
The annual Clergy Spouse Breakfast is a must this year! Our spouses will enjoy a breakfast by Hester’s Cafe while viewing the exhibits in the Singer Gallery at the Art Museum of South Texas (1902 N Shoreline Blvd) located next door to AmericanBank Center. Drop your children at Council Childcare on your way to breakfast. Event will begin at 8:00 am on Friday Feb. 24. Cost is included in the Clergy Spouse registration price.
This is an opportunity for clergy spouses to gather for food and fellowship. We will also welcome our newest spouses to our community of DWTX Clergy Spouses.
The Bishop’s Luncheon, will be at 12 noon on Friday, Feb. 24, and we will be moving to the third floor of the Omni Hotel Corpus Christi for lunch in the Corpus Christi Ballroom. For those not up to the brisk walk back to the hotel, our host committee will have two buses available from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. Cost is $30/person and is included in the registration fee for clergy, clergy spouses, alternates & delegates.
- The Rt. Rev. Gary Lillibridge will share some thoughts as he prepares to retire in June and take some new directions in his life. Join this opportunity to thank Bishop Lillibridge for his faithful service as deacon, priest, and bishop in the Diocese of West Texas.
On February 25, 2017, all canonically resident clergy in the diocese and duly elected delegates and alternates from each congregation of the diocese will gather for the election of a Bishop Suffragan during the 113th Diocesan Council in Corpus Christi, Texas. This will be the only business considered by the floor of Council that day. Not knowing the number of ballots before the final electing ballot, a light (and portable) to-go lunch will be provided for pickup outside Exhibit Hall B at the close of Council or in-between ballots if we reach the lunch hour. This is only available for those registered as Clergy, Delegates, Alternates and Clergy Spouses.
Check back often for more information. Or signup for the Council 2017 blog “Entries” RSS feed and be notified when changes are made to this website.