Thursday luncheons are available at an additional fee with reservations made during the online registration at https://council-dwtx.org/sign-up/registration/. Locations as noted below.
Also find information on the Friday Clergy Spouse Breakfast and the Bishops’ Luncheon.
We begin on Thursday, Feb. 22 with the Commission for Women’s Ministries (C4WM) Luncheon at 11:15 am in Veramendi Salons C&D. Cost is $25/person.
- “Most Honored Celebration”
- The C4WM leadership hopes to celebrate the women nominated by their home church as a “Most Honored Woman” for 2017. See the brochure for full details.
- If you are an “Honored Woman,” we invite you to attend this luncheon as our guest. Already attending Council 2018 in another capacity? Then select the C4WM Thursday luncheon selection for honored guests. If you will only attend Council for the Thursday luncheon, please complete the Visitor registration form where you will see the honored guest category and -0- cost for you.
- All others, come join us in celebrating the women chosen by their church as someone who exemplifies the ‘Joy of Christ” in all they do!
The Christian Education Department will again host a gathering of Christian Formation Educators for a working lunch in the San Marcos River Room beginning at 11:15 am on Thursday, Feb 22. Cost is $25/person.
- Priests, staff, and volunteers of Adult, Children, Youth and Family Ministries are invited to participate and mingle with fellow church workers.
- Come meet, share and learn over lunch with passionate Christian Educators in your diocesan family. This year we are focusing on Formation Across the Lifespan with an emphasis on Adult Formation. Adults are the primary educators of our youth and children, let’s ensure they have the tools to teach and model what it means to be a disciple of Christ. We will also have new & exciting online resources to share for all ages.
- Contact Sarah Kates at firstname.lastname@example.org , Christian Education Committee Chair.
The annual Clergy Spouse Breakfast will begin at 7:45am on Friday Feb. 23 in Veramendi Salon A with the Embassy’s All American Plated Breakfast including fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, breakfast potatoes and assorted croissants. Cost is included in the Clergy Spouse registration price.
This is an opportunity for clergy spouses to gather for food and fellowship. We will also welcome our newest spouses to our community of DWTX Clergy Spouses.
The Rev. Canon E. Mark Stevenson, Director of Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM), will join us at Diocesan Council as the luncheon keynote speaker. As director of EMM, he leads a dedicated team in executing a national program of refugee resettlement and related ministries in partnership with the U.S. government, affiliated local resettlement programs, and a developing network of communities and ecumenical organizations across the country. Learn more on the Speaker page.