As the Rt. Rev. David Reed shared at each Pre-Council Convocational Meeting, “We don’t host Council for the sake of hosting Council, we do it for the sake of strengthening the mission and ministry of the churches of our diocese.” During these meetings, Bishop Reed and diocesan staff introduced items that will come before Diocesan Council, including the diocesan budgets, a resolution, and the nominations booklet, as well as an overview of Council 2020 theme, events, and experiences.
Please be reminded of the following items:
- The mobile-friendly Council website, council-dwtx.org, will serve as a hub of information for business, fellowship, activities, and ministry reports leading up to and during Council.
- All documents and videos presented during the Pre-Council Convocational Meetings, including a corrected Nominations Booklet and printable Council Booklet, are available online, at council-dwtx.org/documents.
Please note three corrections to the Nominations Booklet: the Rev. Irv Cutter (TMI Episcopal Trustees and General Convention – Clergy, biography on page 57), the Rev. David G. Read (Executive Board Clergy and General Convention – Clergy, biography on page 45), and Mr. Rodney Hart (Executive Board – Lay and General Convention – Lay, biography on page 46). Corrected Nominations Booklets are available on the Documents page, and will be printed by Dispatch of Business and placed on each table at Council.
- A “friendly amendment” to Resolution 2020-1 was received after the Southern Convocation Pre-Council Meeting on January 27. The approved “friendly amendment” and updated text of Resolution 2020-1 will be presented on the floor of Council and is available for review now, at council-dwtx.org/resolution2020-1.
- Online Council Registration for clergy, clergy spouses, delegates, and alternates, which is a separate process from Lay Delegate Certification, as well as registration for visitors, volunteers, and childcare will stay open through Monday, February 10, at council-dwtx.org/registration.
- All flyers, brochures, and other materials to be distributed on the Council floor must be approved by Dispatch of Business, Canon Caroline Mowen, prior to distribution. The final deadline to submit the Distribution of Handouts Form for approval is Thursday, February 13. Black and white printing through the diocese will cost $0.05 per single-sided page. Color printing will cost $0.30 per single-sided page. 400 copies will provide one per delegate; 90 copies will provide one per congregation and staff table. If you print the items for distribution, ensure that they arrive at the diocesan office in San Antonio no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 13.
For assistance preparing for Council 2020, please contact the diocesan office at (888/210) 824-5387.
Information in this post is excerpted from a Council 2020 News email sent Thursday, February 6. Click here to read the full message.