In January of 2016, Jill Oettinger announced her retirement as the CEO of Good Samaritan Community Services (GSCS). Simon G. Salas, Esq. was announced as its new CEO this past December. He began work at GSCS in January, 2017 and is the 5th named CEO of GSCS in its 65 years of operation.
Mr. Salas shared some of Good Sam’s success stories from the past year.
- 415 youth in the after school programs
- 1474 youth attended Camp Good Sam
- 870 youth in the College and Career programs
- 6 high school students received the Bishop Jones’ Award to attend college
- 128 attend the preschool program
- 300 students attended Camp Capers & Mustang Island
- 1374 youth participated in the Asset Building for Clients (ABC) program
To find out ways you can support and connect with Good Samaritan Community Services, you can view the Parish Partnership Opportunities document.
Hear the complete introduction and report here: