The Standing Committee of the Diocese of West Texas is pleased to present the six Potential Nominees for Bishop Coadjutor.
The potential nominees have provided biographical data, as well as answers to eight questions given to them by the Standing Committee. Each potential nominee’s profile can be viewed indidviudally, or as a booklet. Churches are welcome to print the booklet to distribute, as needed.
The Potential Nominees for Bishop Coadjutor are:
- The Rev. Scott Brown, Rector, St. Alban’s, Harlingen
- The Rev. Ram Lopez, Rector, St. George, San Antonio
- The Rev. Jim Nelson, Rector, St. John’s, McAllen
- The Rev. David Read, Rector, St. Luke’s, San Antonio
- The Rt. Rev. David Reed, Bishop Suffragan of the Diocese of West Texas
- The Rev. Robert Woody, Rector, Reconciliation, San Antonio
Please continue to keep the diocese in your prayers. The Special Council to elect a Bishop Coadjutor will be held on Saturday, October 25, at TMI – The Episcopal School of Texas in San Antonio beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Almighty God, giver of every good gift, you have given us a life-giving fellowship in the Diocese of West Texas. Rekindle our hearts with the love of Christ Jesus that we might continue to build upon the legacy left by those who have tended this Diocese and led with Godly courage. Look graciously upon us and upon your whole Church, and guide the minds of those who shall discern the one you are calling to be a bishop for our Diocese, that we may receive a faithful shepherd, who will care for your people and equip us for our ministries; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.