Calling All Builders!
Friday, February 21, 2014
On-line Registration Opens Soon
- Youth registration for Youth in Action
- (NOTE to PARENTS: On the e-mailed receipt from the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas click the “View detailed receipt in your browser” link underneath “Amount Paid.” The parent completing the form will be listed in the Attendees block under”1First Name” etc. We collect information on Parent1 and Parent2. Look toward the bottom of your receipt and the youth information is listed. In our records we know the youth will be attending, not the parent.)
- Sponsor registration for Youth in Action (Ratio 1 sponsor for every 5 youth)
- Payment is required at the time of registration
- And the event is expected to fill quickly!
- DEADLINE Monday, February 10, 2014
Each year just gets better and better!
Youth in Action enters its sixth year of service. Like Diocesan Council, this event has become a time of reunion, renewal and the business of the youth. And that business is, mission work!
Who should attend:
All students in 6th through 12th grade are invited to attend along with adult youth workers and volunteers. NOTE: Churches provide their own chaperones who are available the entire weekend (cannot be participating in Council), and each chaperone must have his or her own vehicle to aid in transporting students. Ratio 5:1.
Location & Contacts:
Headquarters for Youth in Action will be at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 3039 Ranch Road 12, San Marcos, TX 78666. Primary Contacts: Traci Maxwell, Youth Minister (Saint Stephen’s, Wimberley) at email@example.com OR Ben Nelson, rector (St. Mark’s, San Marcos) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plans are underway to join forces with the local Habitat for Humanity chapter for a Joshua Build. This new program brings the worksite to the YOUTH, transporting all tools, materials and staff supervision to St. Mark’s, San Marcos site then directing the assembly of wall panels for a complete Habitat home. To see more visit the Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio website at The Joshua Build.
- Friday – February 21, 2014
7:00 – 8:00 pm – Arrival and Check-in
8:00 pm – Welcome
8:15 pm – Worship
9:00 – 11:30 pm Fun, fun, fun
12:00 midnight – Lights Out
- Saturday – February 22, 2014
7:00 am – Rise and shine, eat your breakfast, pack lunches, and get going!
9:00 am - Morning Prayer and Commissioning
9:30 am – On to mission project
4:00 pm – Return to Church
6:30 pm – Dinner
- Sunday – February 23, 2014
8:00 am – Get up, get ready, get packed and go to church
10:30 am – Worship
12:00 noon – Head for Home