Calling All Builders!
Friday, February 21, 2014
On-line Registration Is Open until February 17
- Youth registration for Youth in Action
- Sponsor registration for Youth in Action (Ratio 1 sponsor for every 5 youth)
- Payment is required at the time of registration
- The event is expected to fill quickly with room for 75 youth and 25 sponsors
- DEADLINE Monday, February 17, 2014
- NOTE to PARENTS: On the e-mailed receipt from the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas click the “View detailed receipt in your browser” link underneath “Amount Paid.” The parent completing the form will be listed in the Attendees block under “1First Name” etc. We collect information on Parent1 and Parent2. Look toward the bottom of your receipt and the youth information is listed. In our records we know the youth will be attending, not the parent.)
Each year just gets better and better!
Youth in Action enters its sixth year of service. Like Diocesan Council, this event has become a time of reunion, renewal and the business of the youth. And that business is mission work!
Who should attend:
All students in 6th through 12th grade are invited to attend along with adult youth workers and volunteers. NOTE: Churches provide their own chaperones who are available the entire weekend (cannot be participating in Council), and each chaperone must have his or her own vehicle to aid in transporting students. Ratio 5:1.
Location & Contacts:
Headquarters for Youth in Action will be at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 3039 Ranch Road 12, San Marcos, TX 78666. Primary Contacts: Traci Maxwell, Youth Minister (Saint Stephen’s, Wimberley) at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Ben Nelson, rector (St. Mark’s, San Marcos) at email@example.com OR Meredith Rogers, Camp Caper’s Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to Know:
- YIA Liability Release Agreement - Youth
- YIA Medical Release Form (with back and front of insurance card) – Youth and Sponsor
- DWTX Volunteer Driver Form - Sponsor
- All forms must be returned by February 17, 2014 by:
In the Diocese of West Texas, relationships with local chapters of Habitat for Humanity are numerous, and in this 6th year of Youth In Action, we offer “A Day in Partnership with Habitat for Humanity”. The work for the day will be varied but will range from working on landscaping, clearing property, construction, to assisting at the ReStore. Habitat for Humanity is very excited to have us as a partner for the weekend, and we are excited to offer them lots of willing hands and feet! As always we have some great fun planned. It’s a perfect weekend to get back in touch with your DWTX friends, and we hope you will join us for the weekend. Space is limited this year so register soon! (We will have to travel to the sites and therefore transportation is required by adults in vehicles with seat belts for all. Community service hours will be certified for those who need them as well.)
- Friday – February 21, 2014
7:00 – 8:00 pm – Arrival and Check-in
8:00 pm – Welcome
8:15 pm – Worship
9:00 – 11:30 pm Fun, fun, fun
12:00 midnight – Lights Out
- Saturday – February 22, 2014
7:00 am – Rise and shine, eat your breakfast, pack lunches, and get going!
9:00 am - Morning Prayer and Commissioning on the floor of Council – Let’s show those adults who we are!
9:30 am – On to mission project
4:00 pm – Return to Church
6:30 pm – Dinner
- Sunday – February 23, 2014
8:00 am – Get up, get ready, get packed and go to church
11:00 am – Worship
12:30 pm – Head for Home