This year luncheons are available at an additional fee with reservations made during the online registration at http://council-dwtx.org/sign-up/registration/. Locations are all onsite at the San Marcos Embassy Suites Hotel, Spa and Conference Center.
- Presenter – Kirk Clark
- “Only God Can See Our True Loneliness” – A presentation on his recent work – a mural in Mexico City by the same title
- Kirk has been a a significant partner in the development to Good Samaritan Community Services – Rio Grande Valley, and was honored for his work in the RGV community in 2012. He is a member of Trinity Church, Pharr. His art supports that congregation and has benefited many other non-profits.
- During the luncheon, our keynote speaker, the Rev. Becca Stevens, will address the audience with “Love is Good Business.”
- She will describe how “lavish’ and economical” intersect in the work of justice. Thirteen years ago Stevens founded an all-natural bath and body care company called Thistle Farms. From that social enterprise, Stevens has learned that love is good business and can spark a movement in the national church.
- More information about Becca is available on the Keynote Speaker page.
This is another time of Christian Community, especially for these church leaders who hold a unique position in each of our congregations, they will gather for food and fellowship to meet this year’s newest spouses and enjoy each others company.
Check back often for more information. Or signup for the Council 2014 blog “Entries” RSS feed and be notified when changes are made to this website.