This year luncheons are available at an additional fee with reservations made during the online registration at http://council-dwtx.org/sign-up/registration/. Locations are all onsite at the San Marcos Embassy Suites Hotel, Spa and Conference Center.
- Mrs. Ruth Berg, Christ Church, San Antonio
- The Rev. Ripp Hardaway, St. John’s, New Braunfels
- The Rev. Jay George, Grace Church, San Antonio
- The Rev. Robert Woody, Reconciliation, San Antonio
- Mrs. Abby Richards, Reconciliation, San Antonio
- The Rev. Stockton Williams, St. Peter’s, Kerrville
- Mr. Dave Weekly, St. Peter’s, Kerrville
- Ms. Jennifer Cook, Good Samaritan Community Services
- “Church Ministries/Public Schools”
- The goal is to hold up these important ministries and share with those attending the CFA luncheon the ways in which churches, like Christ Church, Reconciliation and Grace Church in San Antonio, St. John’s in New Braunfels, and St, Peter’s in Kerrville are working with schools, its students, and families and create inspiration for other congregations to see how their resources can meet the needs of youth in their communities. The model is the original Anglican concept of a parish as a community which does not only include Anglicans.
- Programs for low-income, youth in public schools at high risk include: Community Arts, violin lessons; Tutoring’ Nutrition, Summer Day Camps, Community garden, Celebrations of Achievement; Mentoring, Camperships. For Grace Church, San Antonio working with Monroe May Elementary parishioners participate in a back-to-school supply drive, give Christmas gifts to children in need through an angel tree project, participate in the annual PTA carnival, and provide and serve a thank you lunch for teachers. This is but one example of a Call to Serve in public schools. Come hear how to answer your call.
New this year, the Christian Education Department will host a small gathering of Christian Educators for a working lunch in the private dining room of the Rocky River Grille beginning at 11:15 am on Thursday, Feb 26. Cost is $18.50/person.
- Priests, staff & volunteers in Children & Family Ministries are invited to participate. Space is limited so please register early.
- This lunch gathering will be an informative one; with experienced Diocesan Ministry Directors sharing suggestions for all ages curriculum, special seasonal event planning, nursery ministries, & “how to build a ministry from scratch.”
- Contact Kathy Timberlake for more information at Kathy.Timberlake@dwtx.org.
This is an opportunity for clergy spouses to gather for food and fellowship. We will also welcome our newest spouses to our community of DWTX Clergy Spouses.
- During the luncheon, our speaker the Most Rev. Dr. Katharine Jefferts Schori, Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church, will speak on the annual diocesan theme Called to Serve.
- Jefferts Schori, previously Bishop of Nevada, is the 26th Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church. She is chief pastor to the Episcopal Church’s 2.1 million members in 17 countries and 109 dioceses, ecumenical officer, and primate, joining leaders of the other 38 Anglican Provinces in consultation for global good and reconciliation. She was elected at the 75th General Convention on June 18, 2006, and invested at Washington National Cathedral on November 4, 2006. The 78th General Convention of The Episcopal Church, to be held June 24-July 3 in Salt Lake City, Utah, will elect a new Presiding Bishop to serve a customary nine-year term.
- More information about Presiding Bishop Jefferts Schori is available on the Presiding Bishop page.
Check back often for more information. Or signup for the Council 2015 blog “Entries” RSS feed and be notified when changes are made to this website.